About the position
We are actively seeking highly motivated and talented scientists to join our laboratory, which is supervised in collaboration with BrainVisionCenter Nonprofit Ltd. and the Institute of Molecular and Clinical Ophthalmology, Basel. Our research projects focus on understanding the function of large-scale neuronal networks in both the cortex and the retina during vision and complex tasks. We are dedicated to mapping neuronal networks in the visual cortex and retina of awake, behaving animals, including rodents and primates. We employ a combination of fast optical measurements, photoactivation techniques, electrophysiological measurements (patch clamp, LFP), and neuroanatomy.
Our products are at the forefront of neurophotonics and neuroscience research, and we are actively developing cutting-edge technologies in the promising field of life sciences. Our mission is to introduce revolutionary technology into human medicine, benefiting areas such as brain research, vision restoration, cancer studies, and the diagnosis and treatment of various neurodegenerative diseases.
• Designing and conducting scientific experiments
• Using in vitro, in vivo, electrophysiological (extra- and intracellular, LFP) methods
• Perform two-photon imaging and optogenetics measurements
• Investigate behavioral tasks
• A medical degree or an MSc in Biophysics, Physics, Engineering, Biology, or other relevant scientific fields
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• Strong laboratory and analytical skills, as well as knowledge of statistics and computational abilities
• Ability to work independently as well as in a strong team in a scientific environment
• The ideal applicant should have 2-5 years expertise in one or more of the following areas: in vivo experiments, electrophysiological, imaging, neuroanatomic and molecular biology techniques
• PhD or ongoing PhD studies in a relevant field, or a willingness to join our PhD program
• Research experience in the field of neurosciences
• Proficiency in programming languages such as Matlab, Python, and C++
What we offer
• Long-term perspective
• Young, dynamic co-workers providing great support to cultivate your potential talent
• Opportunities for international travel
• A flexible work schedule
• Budapest, VIII.-IX. District
Selected publications (Rozsalab):
• Judák et al. (2022) Nature Com.
• Szadai et al. (2022) eLife
• Tristan et al. (2020) Neuron
• Wertz et al. (2015) Science
• Katona G et al. (2012) Nature Methods
• Hillier D. et al. (2017) Nature Neuroscience
• Holderith et al. (2012) Nature Neuroscience
• Tønnesen J (2015) Nature Neuroscience
• Szalay et al. (2016) Nature. Com.
• Popovic MA (2015) Nature Com.
• Deneux T, et al. (2016) Nature Com
• Szalay et al. (2016) Neuron
• Chiovini B. et al. (2014) Neuron
• Bywalez WG et al. (2015) Neuron
• Williamson A, et al. (2015) Adv. Mater.
• Bouhadfane M et al. (2015) eLife