About the position
We are seeking highly motivated and talented scientists to join our laboratory, which is supervised in collaboration by the BrainVisionCenter Nonprofit Ltd. and Clinical Ophthalmology Basel. Our research projects focus on understanding the function of largescale neuronal networks both in the cortex and the retina during vision and complex. We are interested in the mapping of neuronal networks of the visual cortex and retina in awake, behaving animals, both in rodents and primates. We combine fast optical measurements with photoactivation techniques, electrophysiological measurements (patch clamp, LFP), and neuroanatomy. Our products are at the cutting edge of neurophotonics and neuroscience research, and we are developing in the high-potential area of life science. Our aim to bring revolutionary technology to human medicine, like brain research, vision restoration, cancer study and the diagnosis and treatment of other neurodegenerative diseases.
• Designing and conducting scientific experiments
• Using in vitro, in vivo, electrophysiologicaly (extra- and intracellular, LFP) methods
• Perform two-photon imaging and optogenetics measurements
• Investigatinge behavioral tasks
• Medical degree, or MSc in Biophysics, Physics, Engineering, Biology, or other relevant scientific fields
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English,
• Strong laboratory and analytical skills, knowledge of statistics, computational skills
• Ability to work independently as well as in a strong team in a -scientific environment
• The ideal applicant should have 2-5 years expertise in one or more of the following areas: in vivo experiments, electrophysiological-, imaging-, neuroanatomic- and molecular biology techniques
• PhD or ongoing PhD studies in a relevant field, or willing to join our PhD program
• Research experience in the field of neurosciences
• Programming skills (Matlab, Python, C++)
What we offer
• Long-term perspective
• Young, dynamic co-workers providing great support to raise cultivate your potential talent
• Possibility to travel abroad
• Flexible work schedule
• Budapest, VIII.-IX. District
Selected publications (Rozsalab):
• Judák et al. (2022) Nature Com.
• Szadai et al. (2022) eLife
• Tristan et al. (2020) Neuron
• Wertz et al. (2015) Science
• Katona G et al. (2012) Nature Methods
• Hillier D. et al. (2017) Nature Neuroscience
• Holderith et al. (2012) Nature Neuroscience
• Tønnesen J (2015) Nature Neuroscience
• Szalay et al. (2016) Nature. Com.
• Popovic MA (2015) Nature Com.
• Deneux T, et al. (2016) Nature Com
• Szalay et al. (2016) Neuron
• Chiovini B. et al. (2014) Neuron
• Bywalez WG et al. (2015) Neuron
• Williamson A, et al. (2015) Adv. Mater.
• Bouhadfane M et al. (2015) eLife